At our site, you’ll only find unbiased reviews. However, we do earn profit from our affiliate links.
If you’ve had a change of heart and are looking to edit your username, then you are in the right place! Changing your TikTok username is straightforward but keep in mind that it can only be changed once every 30 days, so pick a good one.
Picking a username can be tricky, so don’t worry if you aren’t happy with your current one. Here’s a step by step guide on how to change TikTok username.
- First up, get on your mobile device and open up the TikTok app and make sure you’re logged in.
- Once on the app, you will find the “Me” section located in the bottom right corner of your screen. Tap on this.
- Next select “Edit profile” button which will appear in bold.
- Tap on the “Username” tab.
- Remove your current username and type in a new one.
- Hit “Save” when you are happy with your new username.
Things to Remember When Creating Your Username for TikTok
- Your TikTok username must be 100% unique – no other user can share your username.
- You will not be able to change your username again for 30 days after changing it.
- Usernames may only contain letters, numbers, underscores and periods – any other characters will not be permitted by TikTok.
- Your username must not be offensive.
If for whatever reason your new username is not available, you will receive a notification.
That’s it! Just follow the easy steps above to change your TikTok username for a minimum of 30 days.