At our site, you’ll only find unbiased reviews. However, we do earn profit from our affiliate links.
Internet security is a growing concern for many. Personal details are becoming a commodity, and data breaches threaten the safety of those details. Many inexperienced internet users could be leaving their private information exposed when they’re using a public Wi-Fi network. To protect from this threat, a virtual private network or VPN can be used. In this article, we’ll look at what a VPN can offer, and why Cloud VPN provides a variety of features that can help to keep you safe online. We’ll also give details on how to download and install the software.
What is a VPN?
Online privacy should be a basic human right. However, pretty much every website you visit will track your IP address at the very least. A virtual private network can help to provide an added layer of anonymity and security while you’re browsing. It hides and encrypts your internet IP address, making it significantly harder for unwanted parties to eavesdrop on your online activity. It also provides you an IP address from a location totally different from your own. In tandem, these two features make VPNs incredibly useful tools for staying secure on the internet. However, using one will usually slow down your net connection.
If you want to keep your browsing habits anonymous, or access content that isn’t usually available in your region, a virtual private network allows you to do both. There is a broad range of services on offer, and some provide more security than others. As with most web-based services, it’s imperative that you fully research any provider before you commit to a purchase.
What Features Does Cloud VPN Have?
Cloud VPN is an Android-based free VPN service. However, as we’ll see, it’s possible to install it on Windows and Mac OS. The software offers a variety of features that make it stand out from the crowd:
- A connection speed of up to 100Mbps. As we mentioned, these services can often hamper your bandwidth. That’s not the case with the Cloud service, which strives to offer unrivaled speed.
- Secure across Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, LTE, LTE-A and all mobile data carriers. This security means that you can safely browse the internet without having to compromise on safety.
- 100% free, no sign-up required. Cloud is committed to providing a free and secure service to all of their users. There is a Pro version which charges a small monthly fee to remove advertisements.
- Variety of connections across countries. With regions including the US, UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, Singapore, and Brazil, you can access content from around the world without hassle.
- Encrypted data channels. A variety of security protocols means your data will be safe as long as you’re connected to the service.
How Can I Get Cloud VPN?
As we mentioned, Cloud VPN is an app that is usually only available on Android devices. However, it is possible to emulate such a device and download the software to your Windows or Mac OS device. Below are the steps you’ll need to take:
1. Download and install an Android emulator, such as Bluestacks.
2. Once the installation is complete, you can sign into Bluestacks using your Google account details. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to create one. This will give you access to the Google Play Store.
3. Use the search function to find the Cloud VPN app. Wait for the app to download and install on your device.
4. Go to the ‘My Apps’ area of your Bluestacks application. Here, you will find the Cloud app which you can launch directly.
5. Open the app and accept the terms and conditions of use. You can then select a region or country to connect to and begin your anonymous browsing.
Installing this service requires a few extra steps on a PC or Mac. However, it’s more than worth the effort to have access to a fast and free virtual private network.
Cloud VPN Final Thoughts
Although there is a broad range of choices when it comes to choosing software to keep you secure online, very few of the PC or Mac-based ones offer the features of Cloud VPN. It’s a service that’s fast, free, and has multiple connection options. This freedom allows users to access content from across the globe.
The installation process is relatively straightforward, even for those who aren’t using an Android device. With a few simple steps, you can install a highly-rated virtual private network that you can use on your home computer.