At our site, you’ll only find unbiased reviews. However, we do earn profit from our affiliate links.
Many Malwarebytes users experience the problem of a website being blocked due to Trojan. This is a pervasive and well documented problem that can arise after Malwarebytes cleans a computer.
Luckily for you, we have three steps you can follow that will have this ‘website blocked due to Trojan’ issue resolved within minutes.
- First, make sure you are running the latest version of Malwarebytes. You can do this by opening up Malwarebytes and checking for updates
- Next, you have to click on the Scan tab, then the Threat Scan button and then begin the scanning by selecting Start Scan
- Once this scan is complete you will want to click on the Export Summary button. This feature can come in handy in determining what the exact problem is with how Malwarebytes is interacting with your PC. It may help later down the line in solving the website blocked due to Trojan problem
- Save these scan results as a text file onto your computer. You may post it in the Malwarebytes support forums for extra help if the next two steps do not help you.
- Download AdwCleaner, a software made by Malwarebytes. Save the file onto your desktop
- To be extra careful, right click the executable instead of left clicking it. Select Run As Administrator
- Wait while the process installs itself onto your computer
- When it is done go ahead and click Scan Now. Once the scan is completed you can go ahead and click on Clean and Repair
- If any malicious or undesirable entities were discovered, the AdwCleaner program will notify you of their presence. Then the computer should initiate a reboot sequence.
- After your computer has restarted, it will present a log file of any problems and their changes or resolutions. Save this text file to the same place you saved the text file from Step 1 for safekeeping. It may come in handy in ridding your computer of the ‘website blocked due to Trojan’ problem later.
- Please make sure that your computer restarted at the end of Step 2 before continuing. If your PC did not initiate a reboot sequence on its own then feel free to restart it yourself. The next steps will probably not work properly if you do not reboot at this point
- Now that your PC has restarted, download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. Save the installation exe to somewhere on your desktop
- Note that for this tool you will need to use the compatible version. There are two versions: 32 bit and 64 bit. You will need to choose the bit version that matches the bit version of your computer’s operating software. If you are unsure whether you are operating on 32 bit or 64 bit, go to the Settings menu of your PC. Then click on System. Then click on About. You will see under the tabs named Device Specifications and System Type whether you are on 32 bit or 64 bit.
- When Farbar Recovery Scan Tool has finished downloading, double left click on it to begin the installation. Click Yes to the opening disclaimer otherwise the process will cancel.
- Now click on the Scan button
- Once the scan has completed, it will create a log file. Save this text file to the same location as the previous ones.
- With all of your log files, you will want to submit them to the Malwarebytes support forums. They will respond to your case with the appropriate solution after having read your logs.
This is the most effective known way to get rid of the website blocked due to Trojan issue associated with Malwarebytes. It takes time, but many people have had their problems resolved for good once going through this process.
Other users have also had success with downloading Delfix and using Windows Disk Clean Up Utility. The links to both can be found here and here. If this solves your website blocked due to Trojan issue then you may feel free in skipping the previous three steps. If this doesn’t help then you will have to resort to the original instructions.
We hope this has helped you with your ‘website blocked due to Trojan’ problem with Malwarebytes and wish you good luck in getting your PC back in good health.